Friday, March 19, 2010

No Real Updates

Alright so I got absolutely nothing for you on this one but it has been a long time and that in itself warrants a post. So I've collected my two reference letters and applied for my criminal record check (approximately two weeks to process here in Canada, FYI). I also bought a "proof of graduation" letter which states that I'll obtain my degree after this semester... last exam April 21. I had the credits for my degree after last year but knew I was returning so never applied for the diploma, in case I miraculously upgraded to an Honours degree this year (did not happen). Finally I have transcripts as current as they can be at this time. So I'm just waiting for EPIK to release their August application form so I can get my hands on one, fill it out and get it to my recruiter, Footprints Recruiting, asap.

For my first choice of city I decided to go with the city Busan, or Pusan depending on your preference. Phonetically it sounds like a combination of B and P put together. It's South Korea's second largest city, and it is their largest port city on the South-East coast and just a hop, skip and a jump to Japan. Population is currently about 3.5 million. Footprints is sending 100 teacher's to Pusan in August and I'm hoping to be one of them. Two friends, Ben and Michelle, from my university are also looking into Pusan for August so if we all got it that would be sweet. Anyways like I said I got nothing really new for you but hopefully I'll have something new for you soon once I know more. And thanks to my new followers.

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm a past Nipissing student and am planning on going back there in September. Right now I'm living and teaching in Busan! If you have any questions feel free to let me know or check out my blog: www.myescapadesaroundtheworld.blogspot.com Good luck with the application process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hes alive! haha keep up the posts, good read during class

    ReplyDelete