Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brady in Korea: An Introduction

I'm currently finishing up my last year at Nipissing University in Ontario, Canada in April 2010 and I'm hoping to land a teaching job in South Korea for September of the same year. I'll have a BA Degree in History and I'm planning on completing a TESL (Teach English as a Second Language) course before I leave Canada for South Korea. This blog is going to be my account of this next stage in my life, both as a digital archive for myself, as well as others who might be interested. So there you have it, this blog will feature me in the months preceding and during my trip to South Korea to teach English as a recent university graduate from Canada.

I've managed to rack up near $31,500 in debt from government student loans for my education, and therefore I am using South Korea as an opportunity to save money and pay down my debt. I have always wanted to travel and teaching in South Korea allows me to do this while still putting lots of money away. South Korea is considered a pretty lucrative destination for recent university graduates as pay is good and cost of living is cheap. So, there we have it, South Korea for a year, maybe more. I'll let ya know more as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment